TENNESSEE TECH UNIVERSITY
Tennessee Tech produces a student body with such attributes as practical, ready-to-work graduates from a broad range of academic disciplines prepared to compete in a technologically driven world. Here, students have the freedom to discover and pursue their passions, knowing there is a supportive community behind them (ranging from internships, to “Make it” workshops to the many clubs and on campus organizations). Developing their passions into hundreds of student clubs and organizations-which expand on these interests, Tech students make an impact on campus, in the community and around the world. With students from 60 nations and over 5% of our student campus, the community as a whole welcomes our international students!
With an enrollment of more than 10,000 students, Tech offers degrees from eight academic schools and colleges: Agriculture and Human Ecology, Arts and Sciences, Business, Education, Engineering, Fine Arts, Interdisciplinary Studies, and Nursing.
Some of our students’ favorite things about Tennessee Tech University and the City of Cookeville:
- Tennessee Tech University has more than 120 majors and concentrations.
- Cookeville has the 2nd lowest cost of living in the entire USA, and was ranked last year the most affordable “College Town”
- Offers many options when showing your proof of English, students can submit EITHER a TOEFL or IELTS score or an SAT Critical Reading or ACT English score and we can also accept the IB Language score or the A levels in English. Also we accept TOEIC, Pearson’s, ITEP, and many ESL program certificates.
- Tennessee Tech University offers international scholarships for undergraduates, which pays part of the tuition fee.
- It takes less than 30 minutes to reach two State parks, 1 hour to reach 7 other State and National Parks. In these parks, you can camp, rock climb, kayak, enjoy nature, fish and swim. The rivers of Tennessee are as big as the Amazon River and have a large amount of aquatic life, one of the largest bio-diversities in the world.
- Tennessee Tech University has an ICUBE Virtual Reality Workshop, available at https://www.tntech.edu/icube/
- Many international students have the opportunity to take part-time work on campus, like working at the gym, being a lifeguard, working in the library, dormitory resident assistant, study mentors, office workers, maintenance on campus or work as part of the catering and cafeteria service.
- TTU’s Career Services offers a number of job fairs where you can find opportunities to work or do internships during school or post-graduation.
- The TTU campus offers a number of distinct activities that international students can participate in to highlight their culture. By participating in these events, American students can learn about the international student’s culture.
- Nashville (home of country music in the United States), and the capital of Tennessee, is located less than an hour from TTU. Nashville has a population of approximately 2.5 million.
- Cookeville is an ideal place to study. The quiet and relaxed surroundings make students less distracted and more focused on their studies. Plus Nashville is so close, you can easily make a day trip for any shopping or visit a club or fun place.
- Tennessee Tech University is less expensive than the big universities, like Vanderbilt University, and the University of Tennessee.