TEXAS TECH UNIVERSITY
About Texas Tech University
Texas Tech University is a national research university, preparing students to lead in multicultural and globally competitive settings. It ranks in the Top 25 U.S. institutions producing the graduates most sought after by government and corporate employers. (Wall Street Journal)
Texas Tech is the only institution in the state of Texas where the university, the law school and medical school are all located on the same campus. This public university was founded in 1923 and yet has state-of-the-art facilities along with honored traditions and a strong sense of community among its 35,859 students.
Journalists and other visitors have admired the expansive lawns and Spanish Renaissance architecture and have named it one of the most beautiful university campuses in the nation.
Rankings & Distinction
- The Whitacre College of Engineering was named among the Top 25 Engineering Schools by the Wall Street Journal
- The Rawls College of Business Administration was named among the Top 100 Business Schools by Bloomberg’s Business Week Magazine and U.S. News & World Report
- The Petroleum Engineering program is ranked No. 9 among accredited petroleum engineering programs.
- The Restaurant, Hotel and Institutional Management (RHIM) degree program is ranked among the Top 25 in nation the by the Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Management.
- Smart Money magazine recognized Texas Tech’s Personal Financial Planning program as the most extensive in the nation.
- Kiplinger’s Personal Financeranked Texas Tech No. 20 in its annual Best Values in Public Colleges feature.
- Texas Tech University offers one of the Southwest’s top ten bachelor’s degrees in fashion design, according to the prominent clothing industry website Fashion-schools.org. It also ranks Texas Tech as one of the strongest fashion design schools in the nation.
Indian Students Say:
Vitasta Jain, a Petroleum Engineering major from Indore: “My experience at Tech was a step out into a different world. The projects are challenging and fun. We have excellent labs and faculty who are always there when you need help. The campus is always alive with events. There’s something happening every day. It’s a different culture, different continent, and Texas Tech made me feel welcome.”
Vijayanta Jain, a Computer Science major from Raipur: “When I leave Tech, I will remember how scared I was when I first reached Lubbock, the nights out with my friends, the time I played Holi with so many people, and the time when I realized I have grown up. The skills I learn and the people I meet at Tech will ultimately help me achieve my goals.”
Texas Tech University created its first partnership with the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IITB) earlier this year. IITB is known for engineering and research.
Through its partnership with ELS Language Centers, Texas Tech offers conditional admission to international students who have an opportunity to achieve proficiency in academic English prior to beginning a degree program at Texas Tech.
Texas Tech is located in Lubbock, a West Texas city of a quarter million inhabitants, with a lively art scene, a legacy of legendary musical performers, avid fans of the university’s NCAA Division I sports, and a long menu of club sports, including soccer, cricket and rugby.