UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST OF SCOTLAND (UWS)
What makes UWS? Is it the inspiring lecturers with years of industry experience? Or is it the career-focused courses designed to equip you with the skills and confidence to succeed? Or could it be hands-on learning and placements where you put theory into practice on real projects? It’s all of these and more. We’re a modern university for the twenty-first century. Join us.
UWS is one of Scotland’s most innovative modern universities, but with origins dating back to 1897. We have a proud record in delivering work-ready graduates and our strong links with business, industry and the public and voluntary sectors help UWS students get ahead.
UWS is an international university with well over 200 global partnerships including 130 across Europe and almost 40 in China. Our students come from over one third of the globe. We’re committed to diversity, collaboration and a curriculum that helps students stand out in the global job market.
We have welcomed around 400 enrolled students from India over the last 12-18 months and look forward to welcoming more Indian students to UWS in the coming academic sessions. We have a UWS India Office and we visit various cities in India at different times throughout the year so please get in touch if you would like to meet us.
The University offers career-focused study options at Undergraduate and Postgraduate level in Business; Computing; Creative Industries; Education; Engineering; Health; Life Sciences; Physical & Chemical Sciences; Social Sciences; Sport; and Technology. Research opportunities are also available.
Our courses and facilities are constantly adapted and fine-tuned, making you ready for an ever-changing, internationalised world. Get your hands on state-of-the-art equipment across our campuses and put your knowledge into practice in a real-world environment, honing your skills and preparing you for your future career.
• Officially recognised by Times Higher Education 2020 as being in the top 150 universities worldwide under 50 years of age and Top Young University in Scotland and 4th in UK
• Highest ranked modern (post 1992) University in Scotland (Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019)
• 1st in the UK for Education (Times/Sunday Times University Guide 2020 and Complete University Guide 2020)
• 3rd in the UK for Civil Engineering (Guardian University Guide 2020)
• Ranked in the Top 3 Scottish Universities for teaching excellence and in the Top 5 for student experience and graduate prospects (Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019)
• 97% of UWS postgraduates are in work or further study 6 months after graduating (DLHE 2016/17)
Our Scottish campuses, which all have a friendly, community feel, are based in four central locations in the heart of the west of Scotland – Paisley, Lanarkshire, Ayr and Dumfries – offering a gateway to the best of what Scotland has to offer. From the hustle and bustle of Scotland’s energetic cities to enchanting mountain tops, serene glens, mysterious lochs, idyllic white sandy beaches, turquoise seas and even the odd palm tree, we guarantee you, studying in the west of Scotland will leave you with lasting memories.
Very competitive tuition fees and a range of partial scholarships and bursaries for international students aim to help you realise your full potential. Contact us to find out more.